Boys and Girls Youth Basketball Camp Registration Now Open; Camp is June 5 – 7
Henry Clay Boys’ Head Basketball Coach Daniel Brown and his team will be hosting a youth basketball camp June 5 – 7 at Henry Clay High School for grades K – 8.
Kindergarten through fourth graders will go from 9-am – noon. Fifth graders through eighth grade players will go from 1-pm – 4-pm.
Cost is $50/camper.
Complete and return the application to Coach Brown. The application can be found at this link – 2019HENRY CLAY BOYS GIRLS SUMMER BASKETBALL CAMP
- All campers will receive a camp T-shirt, certificate of participation, awards, etc.
- A guest speaker will attend periodically throughout the day.
- The 2017 Blue Devil Basketball Camp will stress fundamentals each day: dribbling, shooting, passing, and defensive skills. The instructional staff will consist of current basketball coaches and current and former players.
- Campers will participate in individual skill, 3 on 3 games, 5 on 5 games, and have their shooting analyzed through videotaped instruction.
If you have any questions, contact:
- Daniel Brown: (859) 340-0260-cell / (859) 381-3423-work or Daniel.Brown@fayette.kyschools.us
- Henry Clay High School, 2100 Fontaine Rd., Lexington, KY 40502
- Please return this application with your payment by May 31st
- Make Checks Payable to: Henry Clay Basketball
- Financial Assistance is available as well as discounts for multiple siblings
- Drop-off should be between 8:30 and 9:00 am each day for morning and 12:30-1:00 for afternoon in the side entrance of Henry Clay High School Gymnasium (next to softball field)
- Pick-up should be between 12:00-12:15 and 4:00 and 4:15 pm
- We encourage parents to visit camp throughout the day
Last year’s team finished the season 28-6 and ranked #2 in the state at the end of the regular season. Henry Clay won the District Championship beating #1 Scott County. The season ended in the Region finals. Henry Clay was the only team in the state to beat eventual state champ Louisville Trinity and Scott County last season!
Henry Clay, a high school with approx. 2500 students, has a rich basketball tradition with 26 Sweet Sixteen berths. Head Coach Daniel Brown (14th season as head coach) and his staff like to win games, but the focus of the program is on academics and good citizenship. Over 92% of Coach Brown’s players have gone to college. Last year’s teams (30 players on the Freshman, JV and Varsity) posted an aggregate grade point of over 3.25 and all of eight (8) of last year’s seniors are headed to play college ball, attend college, junior college, community college and trade-school.