The Henry Clay Aqua Devils hosted the 2018 Region 8 Swim and Dive Tournament at the University of Kentucky Lancaster Aquatic Center on February 9th and 10th. The Aqua Devils placed 4th overall after the boys took 4th place and the girls finished 5th. Numerous individual swimmers and relay teams won regional events, qualified for state, broke school records, and posted personal best times. Van McKinley (set a school record earlier this year) was the Region 8 girls Dive Champion and posted a score that qualifies her for All-American consideration. Matthew Street crushed the school record and set a new region meet record with a time of 4:35:70 winning the 500 Free by a margin of 12 seconds. It was a great day in the water for the Aqua Devils!
- Van McKinley was the Region 8 Dive Champion
- Matthew Street crushes the school record and sets a new region meet record with a time of 4:35:70 winning the 500 Free by 12 seconds!
- Mallory Sparks 4th Place Dive
- Madison Duncan 5th Place Dive
- Emerson Vera, Stone Poole, Matthew Street & Dylan Ruddy crushed a school record in the 200 Medley Relay at 1:37.59!
- Claire Telfer & Dylan Ruddy qualify for state 50 free
- Nikolai Zivkovic qualified for state diving
- Emerson Vera qualified for state in the 100 back
- Stone Poole and Emerson Vera qualify for state in 100 fly
- Stone Poole & Hunter Cioci both qualify for state in the 200 IM
- ALL SIX HC RELAYS ARE STATE BOUND!
- Coach Daniel Porter Named Girls Swim Coach of the Year